Grant for work so far: solana explorer integration + rekt bot + governance bot + maintenance work of hackathon entries

There have been various useful suggestions recently - assembly, locked tokens, mango labs, larger grants for entire sub products etc. I would like to kick off a direct grant discussion, where I describe my work, we agree on a reasonable compensation as a community and then some >1mn MNGO holder creates a governance proposal for triggering this. Below are some of the things I did recently.

1/ Solana explorer integration for Mango-v3 (PR: Mango v3 integration by microwavedcola1 · Pull Request #19437 · solana-labs/solana · GitHub)

What was done: I integrated most of the instructions and data parsing which the team thought were helpful,

Future: should be very easy to extend and existing react components can serve as a good template for inspiration.

Credits: thanks to Sebastian for merging this into solana/master, and Max for doing a lot of local testing

2/ Rektmango, a twitter bot https://twitter.com/rektmango_ that reports the liquidations on mango-v3 (repo: GitHub - microwavedcola1/mango-rekt-bot)

What was done: the 3 primary liquidation instructions are parsed, spiced (with help of max) and reported asap on twitter and discord. The code was also adapted to work with the latest anchor style event logs.

Future: should be very easy to extend, maintain this in the future. A good feature improvement would be to maintain some sort of state and note down the liquidators and their success and have some sort of leaderboard. The project can also serve as a template to scan and parse any instruction in real time on mango, with endless remix capabilities.

Infrastructure: I currently host and manage the bot, would continue to do so in the future

Credits: thanks to Max for adding some much needed spice

3/ Mango governance bot, governance-ui/governance-notifier.ts at main · blockworks-foundation/governance-ui · GitHub a discord bot which helps keep an eye on newly opened proposals

What was done: the code scans and reports recently newly opened proposals which are now open for voting.

Future: also do automatic posts to twitter

Infrastructure: I currently host and manage the bot, would continue to do so in the future

Credits: Max for code reviews and Sebastian for teaching a thing or two about governance

4/ mango-v3-service FTX like REST API for trading on mango, which I submitted as hackathon entry, this grant would seek for continued maintenance and new features

5/ mango-vial L1/L2 orderbook streaming websocket style API which I submitted as hackathon entry, this grant would seek for continued maintenance and new features

Regarding compensation I would leave it to the existing core devs to suggest some number, I am fine been compensated entirely in MNGO, just want to slowly start getting more and more voting rights. If the post dies or becomes stale I would suggest a number in few days.

5 Likes

Thank you for your work. Both bots are very helpful, and the explorer makes everything really smooth as well. I will throw out a starting number of 250k MNGO unlocked or 350k locked mango, but I could be way off and defer to the actual devs.

3 Likes

Updated original post to include maintenance work on hackathon projects